In this week’s post about the people of Sling Swing, we learn 10 things about Fiona McAndrew, organiser of Sling Swing classes in Calderdale.
- I’m Fiona and I run Sling Swing Calderdale
- I’m 36 and have 2 beautiful little ones. Áine who is 6 and Tadhg (my sling swing partner in crime) who is 2.
- I’ve been married to lovely Luke for almost 8 years.
- I’ve been a primary school teacher for 16 years.
- I resigned during my maternity leave with Tadhg as I decided I couldn’t be the mummy I wanted to be whilst doing the job I was doing.
- I currently do casual supply teaching alongside my Sling Swing business.
- I love being a mummy. I love that Tadhg comes to work with me and
that I can be there for my daughter when she’s home from school.
- You may see me carrying either child. Occasionally Áine on my back
if we’re on a long walk but mainly Tadhg who normally falls asleep before the end of my warm up in classes.
- The main thing I love about Sling Swing is seeing the mummies so happy and enjoying the closeness with their little ones and the fun of the dancing and music. The mummies and babies are always smiling. ❤️
- I love to meet new parents and babies and to see new parents meeting others and becoming friends. It’s a great place to chat, share stories and watch all the babies grow. I feel so lucky to have met such lovely mummies who have joined my classes. I get so upset when they have to leave to go back to work and I always hope that Sling Swing remains a happy memory from their maternity leave and something they’ll look back on with a smile.
Fiona, Sling Swing Calderdale