Today, we learn 10 things about Sarah Amos, who has recently started running Sling Swing classes in Colchester.
- My name is Sarah and I am 36
- I have two children, a little girl of 5, and a boy of 7 months
- I’m married to Carl and we have been together for 18 years and married for 9 years.
- My other passion is dogs. I am a qualified agility instructor. I have 2 dogs of my own.
- I am a baby wearing peer supporter.
- I love babies and meeting new people.
- I love keeping fit and enjoy going for long walks. I also love horses but after a serious car accident when I was 18, I have to enjoy them from the ground now!
- I love cars! A few years ago we went to watch the Grand Prix at Silverstone and had a fab weekend.
- Before having my Daughter I was an Office Manager for 10 years for a groundwork contractor.
- This is the first time I’ve been self employed and I couldn’t think of a nicer job to have than meeting lots of lovely parents and babies and having fun.
Sarah, Sling Swing Colchester
In this week’s post about the people of Sling Swing, we learn 10 things about Fiona McAndrew, organiser of Sling Swing classes in Calderdale.
- I’m Fiona and I run Sling Swing Calderdale
- I’m 36 and have 2 beautiful little ones. Áine who is 6 and Tadhg (my sling swing partner in crime) who is 2.
- I’ve been married to lovely Luke for almost 8 years.
- I’ve been a primary school teacher for 16 years.
- I resigned during my maternity leave with Tadhg as I decided I couldn’t be the mummy I wanted to be whilst doing the job I was doing.
- I currently do casual supply teaching alongside my Sling Swing business.
- I love being a mummy. I love that Tadhg comes to work with me and
that I can be there for my daughter when she’s home from school.
- You may see me carrying either child. Occasionally Áine on my back
if we’re on a long walk but mainly Tadhg who normally falls asleep before the end of my warm up in classes.
- The main thing I love about Sling Swing is seeing the mummies so happy and enjoying the closeness with their little ones and the fun of the dancing and music. The mummies and babies are always smiling. ❤️
- I love to meet new parents and babies and to see new parents meeting others and becoming friends. It’s a great place to chat, share stories and watch all the babies grow. I feel so lucky to have met such lovely mummies who have joined my classes. I get so upset when they have to leave to go back to work and I always hope that Sling Swing remains a happy memory from their maternity leave and something they’ll look back on with a smile.
Fiona, Sling Swing Calderdale
In this week’s post about the people of Sling Swing, we learn 10 things about Nicky Ginns, organiser of Sling Swing classes in Ayrshire.
- My name is Nikky and I’m 30.
- I have 2 kids, a boy who is 6 and a 7 month old girl.
- I get bored doing one thing so have a few part time jobs/volunteer posts.
- I like craft things and have way more craft supplies than I know what to do with.. I also can’t resist buying more.
- I have an HND in fitness, health and exercise.
- I am a qualified baby wearing consultant and peer supporter.
- I helped set up and run Ayrshire Sling Library offering advice and hire of baby carriers throughout Ayrshire.
- Also running Sling Swing Ayrshire. Love teaching these simple dances and the bond it encourages.
- Always on the look out for new adventures and meeting new people.
- I’m on maternity leave at the moment and enjoying time with my little ones. Looking forward to being able to take along my tiny one while teaching Sling Swing as well.
Nikky, Sling Swing Ayrshire
10 things about Carly Birchell and Sling Swing
I thought I’d introduce myself and Sling Swing in 10 points in case you don’t know who we are and what we do 😍
- I’m Carly and I’m 36 (just!!!)
- I am married to my lovely husband Chris and have been for 8 years
- I am blessed with 2 beautiful boys – Noah, 4 and Toby, 2
- It appears I like to be busy 😂😂😂 and find if I have a spare moment I’m hatching the next plan!
- I have a degree in music and a PGCE – I worked as a primary teacher for 4 years and then as a music/vocal teacher for Birminghsm music services for 10 years before making the decision a year ago to go completely self employed!!
- I set up Sling Swing in 2013 – it’s a gentle dance and movement class for parents with their babies in slings – Sling Swing affords parents some ‘me tine’ to dance, socialise and meet other parents whilst having baby with them for some quality bonding time – it is fab for both parents and babies – babies get to be close to mum or dad, gain musical awareness, a great sense of rhythm and meet other babies
- Sling Swing is franchised nationwide and we currently have 24 franchises across the UK – check out where these lovely ladies are based on our website: slingswing.co.uk
- I adore all things sling related and have carried (and am carrying) both of my boys since birth – I am a Babywearing consultant and also run: facebook.com/wrapyouinrainbows – a sling library and consultancy in and around Wolverhampton where you can get advice, try on and hire over 50 different slings and carriers!
- I love to colour my hair 🙂 and it’s currently pink, purple and blue 😍
- I love spending time with my family and friends and enjoying life!
We hope to see you at a class somewhere soon!!